How much time do students spend on tik tok?

TikTok became popular towards the end of 2019 and has stayed popular into 2020. Many high school students spend a large amount of time on this app and they describe it as being addictive. 

The app has a lot of features that are appealing to teens. For example, users can watch videos that other people have created or make their own video. 

According to Oberlo, TikTok users spend an average of 52 minutes per day on the app and nine  out of ten users are on the app multiple times a day. They added that most of the time spent on the app is to learn the dances of others. 

Abby Schlude, sophomore, spends a large amount of her time each day using the TikTok.

“I spend about nine hours a day. I think the app is so appealing to kids our age because it is so relatable and funny which makes it easy to sit there and scroll through videos for several hours. Sometimes I wake up an hour early so that I have time to watch TikTok videos before I go to school,” Schlude said.

Freshman Jenna Perkey also spends a good amount of her day using the app. 

“On average I spend about three and half hours on TikTok per day. I just think the videos are really funny,” Perkey said. 

Perkey added that she spends her time on the app watching other peoples videos but also enjoys making her own videos.  

“I enjoy learning the popular dances that I see everyone doing on TikTok but I usually just make drafts and never post them,” Perkey said.  

TikTok users seem to spend a large amount of time throughout the day using the TikTok app and it looks like TikTok will not be losing its popularity anytime soon.